Toshiba 17wlt56 Vs Humax Lgb-17dtt

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by catcando, Dec 18, 2006.

Tags:
  1. catcando

catcando
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am trying to decide which of these two sets to buy. The Humax is a best buy from Which magazine, and is available for £349 including next day shipping, a four year guarantee, and a tilt and swivel wall bracket. The Toshiba is from a shop selling through ebay, for £329.99 + 22.99 shipping, a one year guarantee( it's a factory refurb), and no bracket.
    I like the looks of the Toshiba better, and the specs of both are pretty much identical. One of the things that bothers me, is I cannot find any informatiom about this set on the Toshiba website. It does not show up on the UK site, or the European site, or the US site.
    Does anyone know anything about either of these sets that would help me to decide?
    Thanks

They are both 17" widescreen LCD's, with built in Freeview tuners.

2. catcando

catcando
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just hoping someone with experience of these, might be able to provide some input.
    Thanks

3. Tellyfiend

Tellyfiend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The Tosh was also nominated in the best small LCD category of What Plasma Magazine.

I've just bought it's bigger brother for my Dad, the 20WLT56 for £377 from Dixons online inc. delivery which is very similar and I'm really quite impressed.

The manual also covers your 17" version, what would you like to know?