1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 100eb and a sloooow menu with Toy Story 2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Paul Young, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Paul Young

Paul Young

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just recently bought the TS2 Region 2 and the accessing the menu is very slow. Is it a common problem with disney discs or is it my player with not enough memory ?
    I looked at the Toshiba technical site Q&A and they says it is rare to upgrade software on european models it tends to be the disc !
    Is all Disney disc slow or not working on toshiba players ? OH has anyone that owns a toshiba 100 or other model number had a dvd disc to upgrade from Toshiba ?

2. Noman

Noman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Toshibas (100,200,1600,1700 etc) are slow loading and changing menues in general, Nothing wrong. Some discs (like Disneys dinosaurs) you wait "forever" before something happens.

I have compared the loadingtimes on my toshiba with a Denon 2800 and the Toshiba is at least 10x slower.

Still they are very good players for the money.

3. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,187
    Hi,

Are the high end toshiba players any faster than the lower end ones. Is the 900e faster than a 210b for menus and layer pauses?

Yes, i noticed older disney movies are very slow, really silly compared to other films. But snow white is fast, so maybe they have learnt.

regards

rai

4. Napoleon

Napoleon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

The Toshiba SD100 is a class player,and i own one.The problem with 'Toy Story' is specific to that disc,as i also had it.The disc has been encoded with so many chapters that it takes an age to load.It is a common problem,which many people have encountered.I doubt you have had any other problems,although correct me if i'm wrong.I wouldn't worry about it too much.It is not a player problem.Best wishes.

5. Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    i had the same problem with my old tosh 3109, i was thinking of buying the 9000 but i thought it would give the same problem so i got the denon 2800, it has a 4mb buffer so with ts2 it loads in about 14 secs,and another big plus is that you don't get a pause in the layer change:)

dvd