1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 100e or Pioneer 535

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by -, Dec 11, 2000.

1. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got a Pioneer 535 and am very impressed with the picture quality and sound, even though I have yet to get surround. I also managed to get it on Richer Sounds web site for £179.95 which I think is a damn good price and it is also multi region although I have yet to get hold of a region1 disc to test it out.

Hope that helps

2. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    I own both a Tosh 2109 (the SD100 replaced this although they are said to use most of the same circuitry - mostly cosmetic changes) and a multi-region Pioneer 515. As you say the Pioneer has definitely more features than the Tosh, but Toshiba have concentrated on sound and picture when making their players. The 2109/SD100 are classy machines if rather basic. The Pioneer that I have matches the Tosh for sound and picture, and has plenty of features. Not much to choose between them methinks. You'll be happy with whichever one you choose.

By the way, my Pioneer is for sale (sorry for that shameless piece of advertising).

3. kaneda

kaneda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Will be buying a DVD player and i've narrowed it down to either the Toshiba 100e or Pioneer 535 in terms of price and performance.
    In terms of extra's the Pioneer has more features (as well as easier playability of RCE titles). Is the Picture/sound quality better/comparable to the Toshiba?
    Are there are problems with either machine.

Thanks for the help

4. raymond1974

raymond1974

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SOK,

how much are u selling your Pioneer 515 for ?
    I may be interested.

Can you send me some more info by email.
    How old ? Do u have a remote/manual ? is it still in its original box ? etc etc.

thanks

raymondkerr@totalise.co.uk