• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tosh32WLT66 + PC (DVI-HDMI cable) always resets to 680x400dpi

S

stickybud

I was wondering if anyone knew why my lcd keeps resetting to low res, each time i restart the computer. I have a PC running XPsp2, with Radeon 9200, using a DVI-HDMI cable, which runs fine after changing res, and using the TV to resize. All is good until I restart, when all the changes have to be redone

Getting annoying now.

If anyone can help, it's really appreciated.

Maybe buy a RadeonX1600 (AGP)?

Cheers

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Although you will struggle getting a picture to fit the screen, do make sure you have the latest ATI drivers 6.6 https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=640
You have little toys in this like force 720p, force 1080i etc.
In the end I gave up, set my screen size via VGA to 1360x768 and used ATI catalyst to Centre the screen. Once I changed to a NVIDIA 6600 and used their drivers, added the res 1360x768 and via VGA I got a prefect picture straight away.

S

stickybud

Andy98765 said:
Although you will struggle getting a picture to fit the screen, do make sure you have the latest ATI drivers 6.6 https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=640
You have little toys in this like force 720p, force 1080i etc.
In the end I gave up, set my screen size via VGA to 1360x768 and used ATI catalyst to Centre the screen. Once I changed to a NVIDIA 6600 and used their drivers, added the res 1360x768 and via VGA I got a prefect picture straight away.

OK, i id tht, still no joy even with forced 1360x768, so you reckon its just a ****ty old radeon9200 problem??

I don't really want a fancy GPU, as they always make far too much noise. I need a 3d card with no fans!!!

BTW, the card works brilliantly on normal 17"lcd monitor.

this 32" lcd wont show any bios or start up graphics during boot, i wonder if that is a reason?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom