1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh210 multi hack?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Pete Delaney, Dec 15, 2001.

1. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's the hack for the multi region toshiba 210e? 'Anyone, anyone, Bueller?'

Thanks Pete.

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    If you used the search engine you would know it needs a hardware modification, chipping, that is what the search engine is there for:(

3. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If someone owns a tosh210e multi region but does not have the instructions on how to use the facility, ie my inlaws, can anyone help?
    Incidently the same thing happened with my Pioneer 525, I posted the question and got the answer which is all I need in this case.
    Please help if you can, if you can't then please don't leave unhelpful comments that serve no real purpose apart from inflating egos..

Can you help? 'Anyone, anyone...Beuller?'
    Ta
    Pete

4. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,408
    It's probably just a case of putting the DVD in the drive. If not then it depends on what hardware hack has been used.

Pete, Nic has a valid point. There are no region hacks for Toshiba players - and that is what you asked for. And his comments were very helpful - suggesting that you refer to previous posts- which is sometimes faster than waiting for someone to respond to the same old questions.
    And after asking the wrong question you go on to have a pop at someone who did respond. Not exactly the best way to engender enthusiasm to help you.

5. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Pete

I answered your question exactly as asked. No one else did. I also showed you another way of obtaining this info even faster. It is a regular question asked almost every week.

If you asked the wrong question in the first place it is hardly my fault.:( I am not the one with a bruised ego that I can't ask the correct question.:confused:

Spectre has given you info that require, if you need additional info like how does a techtronics mod work, ask it in a politely and concise way and one of the knowledgablw regulars will come to you help, as they nearly always do. If you start muttering about inflated egos NO ONE will come to your aid. The pops are simply not true and everyone here knows that.

Now do you want help or not?

6. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help chaps,
    Surely by stating that the player was MULTI-region doesn't that imply it has already been modded therefore to state it needs a chip to modify it is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. If i'm guilty of anything it's probably the use of the word 'hack', in which case what I should have said was 'which buttons on the remote need to be pressed or will the tosh automatically adjust whenever a different region disc is put in it'. I just thought 'hack' used fewer words and that guys would get the drift.

7. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,114
    Hi Pete

I think your choice of words "hack" in this case were the main reason why your initial query wasn't answered as you expected, however, Nic did answer correctly as there is no "hack" for the 210, it does require chipping, also people have bought it thinking it was multi region direct from the Tosh factory, unfortunately it isn't, it is a great machine though, and to get back to your original question now its clear what info you are after, the player will adjust automatically!

Cheers

Si

8. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thankyou Zone,
    Pete.:D

9. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have one of these dvd players it is muti region but it has been chipped the instructions that came with it say :-

1/ Insert a normal region disc in the player, press 'Play'.
    2/ Eject the normal region disc, insert RCE disc.

RCE disc will now play.