1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh ZD26P + GameCube Prog Scan bugs - FIXED

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by timdp, Apr 14, 2003.

1. timdp

timdp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to let you all know, the tearing issues as seen when using an NTSC GameCube in Progressive Scan mode on the ZD26P are resolvable.

After I reported the problem to Toshiba at the beginning of February, I've been in intermitment contact with a very nice chap called Nigel who is the UK customer relations manager. After them trying to reproduce it at head office and having no luck, they consulted the factory in Japan and arranged for the area technical manager to come and visit me.

He arrived this morning, whipped the back off my set, scared the bejesus out of me by making me think he'd broken it, took it apart quite impressively, added something somewhere and reassembled it all. Hey presto. Prog scan working with no tearing. Looks awesome.

2. Omega Prime

Omega Prime
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This Nigel chap sounds like a real help. Most toshiba customer service representatives that I have talked to are not willing to go that extra mile for you and me - the customers. Anyway I might need his assistance in sorting out my 32ZD26 so timdp if possible could you private message me his details. Maybe I could finally get my TV problems sorted out once and for all.

3. ldoodle

ldoodle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,011
    Hi there,

I bought a 36ZD26P about 3 years from (the now bust) Allders with a 5 year guarantee, and only recently got an American Gamecube. I discovered I also have this 'tearing' problem when running in Prog. Scan mode, so phoned Toshiba Customer Services. I was told there's nothing they can do as this TV has this 'problem' when display a signal from an NTSC source (in this case, the American Gamecube).

I was also told that as Allders had gone bust, they would honour the parts/warranty, but I would have to pay a local company's 'call out' charge.

Can anyone give me advice on how to tackle this, as I know the tearing problem can be fixed!

Thanks very much/...