1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh xxWH36 vertical band in screen centre

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Demon, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Can everyone who has noticed this please just check the following.

1. Is it only when watching via component???

2. If you set the Brightness to 40 and contrast to 55 does it disappear..

The reason I ask is that I set mine up with AVIA ages ago, and never saw the 'band', but I was messing with avia last night, and when I turned the brightness well above the ideal setting, I noticed a vertical band about 3 inches wide (on a 51") right up the screen.. this is not present when connected via s-video...

The good news was that when setup using AVIA, the band is not visible in anyway shape or form....

Just wondering if this is what people are seeing.. its the same on my Brothers 51" as well.. and is certainly signal related.. but only on component in..

2. bond007

bond007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

I see it with s-video and RGB, not tried component yet. appears what ever settings I have used so far, but cannot see it all the time, only mostly when an image on the screen pans. But i do see it with bright flat colours on still images.

3. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Oh, perhaps this is something different then.. this is only noticeable when the brightness is 60 or higher, and only via component.. RGB/S-VIdeo is fine.. perhaps it is something like tape residue, perhaps a bad batch.. I'd complain.. and get them to sort it, since it is a warranty issue, and considering other sets, i..e Mine and my Brothers are OK..

When cal'd using AVIA there it has completely disappeared.

4. toadie

toadie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Demon, I've had this on 2 of my Tosh 42wh36's now, seems to be on all tosh RP sets.

Have taken the screen apart, and tried to clean away, but dont exactly know what side it's on, hence my post a few days ago, asking if anyone knows what to clean the screen with.

Looks like you just have to put up with it. Unless someone comes up with a solution.

I'm getting 1 more set and im sticking with it this time, Can't keep having unpaid hols off work lol

cheers

Toadie

ps. The band is visable on all inputs !