Tosh XS34 Sound problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by haf63, Sep 13, 2005.

1. haf63

haf63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,
    I have recently noticed a strange problem with my 3 month old XS34 (attached via sky box to Tosh TV using normal SCART). Everything works fine (SAT-MON etc) but every now and then the volume reduces (although number of bars remain unchanged) and then after 10-20 seconds it goes back to normal. This happens quite regularly and is now getting annoying. It seems to be worse in SATMON mode versus having the Tosh powered on.
    Any suggestions? I'm not sure if i should try upgrading firmware etc - mine is exactly when purchased (not even sure how to check what level i'm on). Or should I contact toshiba and get it repaired under warranty - my worry is that it will take ages and they may even say 'no fault found' as sometimes its ok. I purchased from RGB Direct
    Thanks - Haf.

2. rjback

rjback
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have similar problems with my XS34, and I've started down the route of contacting the Toshiba Customer Helpline.

So far they've suggested I swap around my scart leads to see if its a lead problem.

The problems are as below, in my setup with NTL cable feeding through my box to the telly, after having gone thorugh a scart switching box.

1) When in satmon mode, the sound is ever so slightly grungy, sometimes worse than others, which makes it a pain to listen to.
    2) When recording onto the hard drive, quite often the sound recorded will drop down to next to zero, so that on playback I have to turn the telly's volume up to max just to hear it. This sometimes happens throughout a show like Lost, and sometimes it has kicked in on the divisions between a break and the show. Although that may be a red herring.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful!

3. haf63

haf63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    At least its not just me. I will try and swap round cables to see if that helps. btw whats toshiba helpline number so iu can also register the problem.

4. haf63

haf63

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I fiddled around with the SCART cable (it was loose) and my sound problem appears to have gone away - will keep an eye on it for a while to be sure

5. rjback

rjback
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I wobbled the scart cable in mine and it is a bit better, as it only happens occasionally. I'll try swapping cables out if it happens again, then off to Tosh if its still a problem.