1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh XS32 setup problem?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by oldie, Dec 4, 2004.

1. oldie

oldie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Set up my Tosh XS32 yesterday but have problems with satellite info. The set up is as pp18 of the Installation Guide :-
    Panasonic Satellite TV Scart -> Tosh AV2
    Tosh AV1 Scart -> Sony TV
    My problem is that I can record the analogue channels to the HDD - but the satellite channel only has audio but no video (and records that way). If I select SATMON I get the video (but I imagine that this merely bypasses the Tosh circuitry).
    The AV2 input is set to RGB & the AV1 output is set to S-video (to correspond with the SCART on the TV)
    It may be finger trouble; I could not make much progress with the manual channel setting of the SAT channels. Which is the 'Guide Channel' on Sky?

I'll call the Toshiba helpline on Monday if these problems are unfamiliar in AV forums

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +247
    Make sure the Sky Box is setup to output RGB.
    Then avoid using the "TV" button on the Sky remote as this temporarily flips the box back to composite video output. If this happens, pushing the "Sky" button should take it back to RGB.

3. oldie

oldie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - the RGB o/p gave me the video - but it's not in colour! At least the box doesn't have to go back.
    I still have to sort out the manual settings for SAT and get the infrared gizmo to work

4. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +247
    If its not in colour it probably means the Televisions AV connection is expecting Composite Video while getting S-Video.

If possible, try using an RGB scart on the TV as this will give better quality and may avoid problems when the DVD recorder is in standby.