Tosh XS32 RF output?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dabs09, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Dabs09

Dabs09

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know how to set up a Tosh XS32 to output through the RF lead? I'm trying to hook up to other TV's in bedrooms etc. :lease:

2. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi Dabs,

I think we've already answered this for you in the thread "RF output from Toshiba rd-xs32" in the DVD Players forum. The Tosh doesn't output an RF signal, just loops-thru.

However, you could split your incoming RF signal via a splitter, then put one feed in the Tosh and the other feed into the device you use to send an RF signal to your other TV sets.

3. Dabs09

Dabs09

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its not the incoming RF signal that I am after, thats OK. Its the output from the Tosh itself that I want to distribute.

4. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    No, the XS32 can't do this (and I don't believe this is unique to the XS32). See page 15 of the installation manual. "Watching via the RF OUT terminal is not available".
    Mark

5. Dabs09

Dabs09

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any other way to get an output from the tosh into an rf lead - any converters from a scart output for instance?

6. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you already have a video recorder you could use that by setting it to look at a scart input from the toshiba recorder (which is what I do).. otherwise something like this http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page4.htm should do the job.

7. Dabs09

Dabs09

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried the video recorder idea and it works fine, once I remembered to to set the video in tuner mode. Thanks for that suggestion