1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh XS32 Chapters

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PieOPah, Jun 25, 2005.

1. PieOPah

PieOPah
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I have just finished making my first DVD (only really use the tosh for the HDD - never want to keep anything).

Being that what I have is a convert, I have split the title into numerous chapter, each chapter being a song. I was wondering if it is possible to name each of the chapters so that on the chapter menu I know which chapter is which song....

I would prefer not to have to have each as individual titles if this can be helped. I will only do this as a last resort....

Thanks,
    Simon

2. Monét

Monét

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I usually do like this when the material is on HDD 'couse it is much faster than the DVD drive is. I split the title into chapters (songs), name all chapters and choose the right thumb for each chapter. Then you can easily dub such a material on HDD.
    Important note! You lose all this settings if you have to do rate conversion dubbing! Also doing this you lose a little on PQ too. I always prefer to record program at the right bitrate so the edited material (in a future) fits on a DVD. It is better for PQ that you put a lower bitrate on the very first beginning than it would be as a second compression after you record at the for example 9.2.

3. PieOPah

PieOPah
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I currently have an original title on the HDD. After I made my chapters, I then created a playlist. I then made this playlist into an original title. This is still on the HDD. Is it still possible for me to name the chapters at this point? If so how do I do it?

If not, I still have the original tape that I transfered onto the HDD so can always start again if needed...

4. Monét

Monét

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sure it is. Select desire title, Quick Menu, select title information, again Quick Menu and finally select edit chapter name. By "picture search" buttons you choose desireable chapter by looking their thumb which is displayed. You have to name (if you want it) each chapter by that procedure.
    Note: It is better if you select the right thumb for each chapter before you name each chapter 'couse selected thumb is displayed when you do nameing.
    Note II: I repeat, if you want to save this settings on DVD after dubbing, you have to do "high speed dubbing". By doing "rate conversion dubbing" you lose everything.

5. PieOPah

PieOPah
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks, much appreciated. Will give this a go in the morning....