Tosh XS32 and Tosh Strata TV - some questions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Matthew Attoe, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi,

I have my XS32 hooked up to my Strata 5.1 TV and have a couple of questions. I'm not sure if the problems come from the recorder or the TV set and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

1) 16:9 switching doesn't seem to work when I'm watching Sky thru the recorder. The recorder is connected using component video. The picture switches flawlessly when watching recorded material (from Sky, DVD, etc). The TV switches correctly on the other inputs (Sky via RGB on AV1, built-in Freeview). The strange thing is, I think it did use to work correctly when I first set everything up. Don't recall changing anything to lead it not to switch properly.

2) When I play back material I've recorded from sky, the TV always defaults audio to Dolby Digital 2.0 and not Doly Pro Logic, so I have to dive into the TV's audio menu to switch to Doly Pro Logic. Not too much of a problem, but I keep getting nagged "Do you ALWAYS have to fiddle with the telly all the time?". Once I have set the TV to Dolby Pro Logic, it "remembers" this setting until the set is turned off. The recorder is connected via Co-axial. When I play a DVD the TV always correctly sets the audio to Dolby Digital 5.1.

These are the only two niggles that I have, which, if I could sort out, would make me very happy :)

Many thanks,

Matthew