Tosh XS32 and MP3

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by britwood, Oct 9, 2004.

1. britwood

britwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Has anyone experience of playing MP3 on the tosh? I tried playing MP3 tracks recorded on a CD-RW but the only things that came on were the 'album art' but no sound tracks - any ideas?

Fairly new to all this - so forgive the naivety of this next question - can you record on a DVD-RAM like a video-tape, for eg, record an hour or so's worth and then record again on the same DVD, expecting it to start recording onto the 'memory' still available, leaving intact the previously recorded material.

Thanks.

2. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MP3 - My XS32 plays MP3s recorded onto disc without any problems.

DVD-RAM - Yes. A useful way to think of how RAM records is to think of a floppy disc. You can edit, delete previous recordings and recording a new programme will record onto the empty space.

However, I very rarely use RAM as the HDD is sufficient.

3. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    There will be a setting in the XS32 menu to set priority for pictures or audio so that when a disc with both mp3 and jpegs is in the player it will display the pictures opposed to the mp3 if you change priority to audio or mp3 cant remember exactly the wording but it should then play your mp3.

4. britwood

britwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys - got it working.

5. drjoshua

drjoshua

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a way of getting MP3:s to the HDD?

6. F G Evans

F G Evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would also like to know the answer to this - it would make the machine even more of a storming buy if it could