Tosh XS32 and DVD-R/RW Media

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bixfoo, Sep 5, 2004.

1. bixfoo

bixfoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had my new Tosh a couple of days now, and despite the steep learning curve am finally getting to grips with it...and it's way cool! :thumbsup:

Started looking at copying stuff out to DVD-R. Tried my "Ritek Inkjet Printable A Grade (4x) DVD-R in Pack of 25" (ADVDINFO: .RITEKG..04/M02) from SVP.CO.UK here in the UK, but the Tosh doesn't seem to like them. Takes an age to read when you put the disc in, makes loads of clunking sounds (normal??) and finally comes up with some error saying the disc is unreadable. The Tosh does read the same discs when they have been written and finalized on the PC.

Noticed from other threads that others have been using branded A-grade Ritek G04 disks, but thought that my disks are the same dye? If so, why don't my discs work? :confused:

Don't mind buying new DVD-Rs if I can guarantee they'll work!

Have at least managed to get a DataWrite GREEN 2x DVD-RW working.

Grateful for any insights...and keep up the good work.

Bixfoo

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    There are subtle differences between drives used in various models of the RDXS32 so what works on one drive may not work on all. Your best bet is to pick up a Media Trial Pack avaible from many of the online stores. That will give you an insight into what works so you can buy a large spindle of those disks.

3. jdarushall

jdarushall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried some Verbatum 4X -RW and when trying to format the drive says the disc is locked.

I guess 4x -RW are off the list.

TDK 2X -RW (for Video use) work OK

4. loreweb

loreweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem: when I finalize a DVD-RW recorded on xs32 in video mode for viewing it on a pc, it works well but I can later see it on the pc. the icon isn't DVD but USF.
    when I finalize a DVD-R in video mode it works well on the pc with the DVD icon.
    someone can explain me why it doesn't work?
    thanks. ciao

loreweb