Tosh XF355D or Sony 40x 3000u

grpeel

Standard Member
:lease:I have been reading many reviews and opinions about LCD and Plasma's over the last few weeks but I am stuck trying to make a choice between the above 2 TV's. I do watch a lot of Standard Def over freeview but hope to get sky HD one day. Which screen do people think is best?

ChrisGgr

Well,I think tosh is a great surprise this year as XF355 is a very good model.But the sony is currently the best lcd on the market

ChrisGgr

My opinion doesnt change much W3000 is also better than Tosh

MumboJumbo

Novice Member
Mmm, I would wait for the Z series Tosh.... the XF is a frame thing only.... The Sony is way ahead with other specs. The ZF frame is the same as the XF but has a lot more speccs on par with the Sony.... So if you want the X series then Sony wins, But if you can wait for the ZF then for looks and Speccs then TOSH wins. (Well they will be level on specss only)

grpeel

Standard Member
I'm guessing the Z will be out of my budget, any idea what the price is likely to be and when it will be released? I have in mind the sony 40w3000 which for £1200 looks quite good value. Most of my viewing will be standard Def although hope for a sky HD one day. So ultimatley whats the best TV for £1200?

technoflare

Novice Member
Have been told on here that the 40ZF may come in at £1100 and be out in Feb. Not official but very possible

grpeel

Standard Member
I like philips and have a crt at the moment, not sure I like the ambilight function though and the speakers apear a bit weak. from other posts it sounds like the w3000 is still better than the tosh z series. As the xf is £999 I'd be surpised if the z came in at only £1100!

ChrisGgr

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom