1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tosh tv or loewe tv

Discussion in 'TVs' started by steve1, Apr 27, 2003.

1. steve1

steve1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    help needed please on tv to buy .love the looks of the loewe aconda. heard good reports about loewe tvs. or should i go for a tosh. tv which supports component inputs.and on the new tosh tvs prog scan . i do own a denon 2800 mk2 dvd player so . just opinions .please on what you think is the best
    many thanks if you understand what i mean above and if you reply

2. ditton15

ditton15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suggest you do a search (top right button) on 'loewe and toshiba'. A lot there to read on the comparison. In summary, the Forums seems split: I've just typed in a summary of the opinions but then deleted this as it might provoke mild flame war between the two camps. As you can see (below) I opted for the Tosh, on grounds of picture quality and cost. It was also my first wide-screen, and PAL prog scan was not then on the market.

ditton

3. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    why dont yu have a look at the jvc 32d25 32 inch it is awesome on both rf signal and has cinema like picture on pro scan ntsc and pal. Actually this tv is awesome. and probably the same or cheaper than loewe or toshiba. Very recommendable

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Having owned the Toshiba ZP18 in the past, and now owning a Loewe Aconda, there really is a world of difference between these two models & manufacturers. Loewe are leagues ahead in terms of buid quality, looks, user interface, interlaced pic quality, upgradability and customer support. All this comes at a price though unless you buy one of the entry level Loewes. I won't buy a Toshiba Tv again but only because the ZP18 was a fault ridden set. In fact I was told by Toshiba not to buy another one of their TV's but that's another story altogether.

The Toshiba ZD26 has the added benefit of NTSC Progressive Scan over the Loewe TV's. This would certainly be a welcome feature and will probably be the deciding factor in your decision making. I will confidently say that the Loewe will outshine the Toshiba in all other areas. However, Progressive Scan TV's were not on the market in the UK when I bought my Aconda - if they had I might have choose differently (not Toshiba though). Many people are happy with Toshiba which is great. I just had a bad experience with them and this is a personal opinion.

The aformentioned JVC would be well worth checking outand would have been top of my list if available a year and a half ago.

5. steve1

steve1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    thank you for your replys will take a look at the jvc never really thought about them.am so used to tosh as i do own a 36zp18. the thing i like about tosh is the component inputs which allows to free up my only rgb scart for me sky tv. any way this tv is for sale if your interested

6. pixel

pixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been pleased with my 36zp18Q I would not say it's fault ridden picture and sound are amazing through component and digtal coax :)

plus the set and stand look well put together

but I have never owned or seen a loewe tv so I can't comment on them

7. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The Loewe models also accept Component Input on their 3rd Scart Socket (or RGB). All you need is a 3 RCA Phono to Scart Cable wired for RGB on the Scart Pins. You can buy such cables from QED, Supra or Profogold or have one made up. Av2 accepts RGB as well so either way, you have 2 RGB capable Scarts or 1 RGB/1 Component Video. Av1 is reserved for Composite/S-Video.

As for the fault ridden ZP18 models, millions of people are happy with this set and I'm not disputing that in any way. A fair number of us on this forum were not happy though and pushed for replacements. It's all well documented in threads from December of last year. Don't look if you are happy and content though ;).

8. pixel

pixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what problems did you have groundy?

9. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  10. pixel

pixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    groundy yeah but if I could swap it for the picture frame 2 I would....do you think toshiba would do that?

11. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You can but try :). You'll have to take it up with the retailer in the end though.