tosh tv, dvd and sky connections, just checking

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by blasted, Aug 22, 2006.

1. blasted

blasted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    A rather simple question, requiring a rather simple answer.

I have recently purchased a toshiba 32wlt66 television. The dvd player i have is a rather cheap xvid/divx player. When i watch a film im sure i can hear a pulsing feedback through the stereo. I have connected the tv to a stereo amp. The dvd player is connected through a bog standard scart.

Now

if i were to purchase a slightly better dvd player 100-150 pound mark and conncet it using hdmi would i be on the right track. Im assuming the hdmi connection being the best one. If its only stereo its not a problem as i only have a stereo amp (rotel and b&w setup).

and what should i be connecting my sky with, a component or an rgb scart? again using the bog standard scart.

thank guys and gals

forgot to add, does anybody know of any dvd players that are black? it will fit better with the general styling

2. jay_brown55

jay_brown55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Does your DVD player have RCA (phono) outputs. Would be better to connect it directly to the amp, rather than taking the audio from the TV.

HDMI into the 32WLT66 should be good. I've got the 37WLT66 and my Sony NS76 looks good.

Samsung do black HDMI-DVD players. No personal experience of them though.

3. blasted

blasted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    thanks for that:smashin: