Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Tosh TV and DVD sound issue - help !!!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by DanT, Apr 20, 2003.

1. DanT

DanT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i hope someone can help me. I have the following set up:-

Tosh 42WH18B television
    Tosh SD-420E DVD player

Problem:- I cannot make the sound come out of the televison's internal or external speakers above a pretty low volume. I have tried all three scart sockets on the TV, the optical cable linking the TV and DVD, composite connections, all the menus that i can think of on the DVD and TV. My video and TV cable work fine, both usingscart connections - so what is limiting the DVD volume ? I have to raise the volume to 65 to get reasonble volume and it is overwhelmed then by a loud hiss. Cleary something is not right !!

Surey with all the connections and money laid out i don't need a seperate amp just for the DVD ??? My video, gamecube etc are fine so i am thinking it is a DVD player issue but.........help !!!

many thanks
    Daniel

2. chris_onewildla

chris_onewildla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Assume that you have assigned the optical input to the correct scart input? I run a tosh sd220 through my 50wt29 using the optical input for sound and component video for picture with a full set of external speakers and find a volume level of about 30-35 is normally o.k