1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh TV and DVD sound issue - help !!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by DanT, Apr 20, 2003.

1. DanT

DanT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i hope someone can help me. I have the following set up:-

Tosh 42WH18B television
    Tosh SD-420E DVD player

Problem:- I cannot make the sound come out of the televison's internal or external speakers above a pretty low volume. I have tried all three scart sockets on the TV, the optical cable linking the TV and DVD, composite connections, all the menus that i can think of on the DVD and TV. My video and TV cable work fine, both usingscart connections - so what is limiting the DVD volume ? I have to raise the volume to 65 to get reasonble volume and it is overwhelmed then by a loud hiss. Cleary something is not right !!

Surey with all the connections and money laid out i don't need a seperate amp just for the DVD ??? My video, gamecube etc are fine so i am thinking it is a DVD player issue but.........help !!!

many thanks
    Daniel

2. chris_onewildla

chris_onewildla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Assume that you have assigned the optical input to the correct scart input? I run a tosh sd220 through my 50wt29 using the optical input for sound and component video for picture with a full set of external speakers and find a volume level of about 30-35 is normally o.k