Tosh SX32 compatability

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cuseeme, Oct 9, 2004.

1. cuseeme

cuseeme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just discovered that disks burned on my Tosh don't playback on any of my other three DVD players. The same blanks when used in my PC produce disks that play fine on everything so I don't think it's the media. Has anyone else had trouble getting disks recorded on the SX32 to playback elsewhere? They have been finalised.

2. Neville Street

Neville Street

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yes, they have not been as universally compatible as I had expected them to be.

There is another current thread that points to the absence of an AUDIO_TS (??) file from the Tosh burnt DVD's.

I have found choosing a "no menu's" set up works. I made a DVD of a kids movie from Sky Movies last week and the menu version jumped and then eventually hung, the non-menu one works fine (it still has 5 minute auto chapters, just no menu's). They were on two different brands of media so not a conclusive test.

If the secondary DVD players are in bedrooms or the kitchen it may be worth replacing with one of the ultra cheap supermarket ones, a friend of mine has found they play anything! I may replace our kitchen one as it has hung on a couple of Tosh produced DVD's. It is a 3 year old Scan 2000 and I have failed to successfully upgrade the loader software so it won't play -RW's anyway.

Very frustrating really, but I have not found the discs to be as incompatible as you have.

Cheers, NS

3. cuseeme

cuseeme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On two players the players simply refuse to have anything to do with them, either saying bad disk, invalid disk, no disk etc. On the other (very old - back when a basic no frills one was £550!), they play but have lots of stutters, breakups and pixelation explosions.