1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh - stick or bust

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by GFSmith, May 7, 2005.

1. GFSmith

GFSmith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This forum is GR8.

I have a Tosh 32WL48 on the "waiting list" at empire :mad: . I need component for my tosh SD44HK DVD so the WL56 they're offering me won't do. I intend to update to SKY+when the HDMI link is available on it.

From this forum I have so far gleaned - wait and pray for WL48. Look at Hitachi 32LD7200, Loewe Xelos A32, Video7 or sonix (if they do a 32). I dont think the 9986 DVI will conect to my SD44

This will be my main telly for the wonderful HD future - I currently have ~1300 "invested" with empire - but all bets are off - What would you do? :lesson:

Help :lease:

2. Jabe

Jabe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was in the same position as you and ended up phoning lots of companies who all said the same "If you're on a waiting list then make sure you're near the top of it, if you're not on a list then don't bother getting onto one". I gave up on waiting in the and have ordered a Xelos which should arrive on Tuesday (that's a wait of seven days!). I was recommended the Hitachi as being a good replacement for the Tosh, its reputedly better quality but was unfortunately too wide for the alcove. I would have gone for the Hitachi if I could, due to its far lower price.

3. BinB

BinB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi GFSmith,
    I have been waiting since 5th Feb for My Tosh 32WL 48, told today to expect delivery Wed so every thing crosed. However I made other enquires and Simeon44 believe that BEDirect.co.uk has the one he ordered some time ago so speak to James, and if so cancel the other one.
    Hope this helps
    Barrie

4. GFSmith

GFSmith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe I'm ~13 out of 52 on the empire list so I'm going to stick for now unless I get convinced there is something better. Empire have 54 on order but havnt recieved any yet they told me. I hope they recieve at least 13! :clap:

Jabe - I went to view a Xelos today and it looked v good PQ - the key test seems to be sport / footy horse racing can look wierd. How does your Xelos cope?

5. BinB

BinB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just check the pricerunner site, shows stock is now avaliable at 3 sites :thumbsup: so give them a ring you may be lucky.
    Hope this helps all you guy's.

6. GFSmith

GFSmith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will do some digging to find other stock - but am careful who I buy from so its not easy.

I find it strange that I'm still reading 32WL48 reviews in the magazines but this forum shows that for at least a month the WL56 and 58 is likely to be the future product. Tosh have really made a markieting mess of this one. Or do they know something I dont? :thumbsdow

7. Flying Bosun

Flying Bosun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I called the sites that Pricerunner listed on Friday and was told it would be 7-10 days (which is what they were telling me a month ago). One said that they were getting them in in twos and threes now and they could put me on the waiting list. I went for the Hitachi instead and it should be here Monday (the order shows as shipped). The 56 doesn't seem to have anything like the spec of the 48, so I wasn't tempted by that.