1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tosh service menu what do the codes mean

Discussion in 'TVs' started by SILVERBACK, Jun 1, 2002.

1. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    could anyone give me a place where i could get the eplanation for what the service and designer codes do.i used the search engine and found how to get into it now i need an explanation for the usage of the codes.thanks in advance the model number is 28w8db

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are over 500 settings and i have a B-B-Q on the go..... :rolleyes:

Most of them are easy HPOS, VPOS WID HIT

There are clumps of settings which begin N which adjusts NTSC settings, ending in 4, adjusts 4:3 only. stick a W in there and it is Wide.

NWHP - example NTSC, Wide, horiz postioning.

It is probably easier to ask what you want changing and then we can tell you what codes to look at as they are not all as simple as that.

Google under the uk.media.home-cinema group will give you tons of responses and info on the main service menu codes and a few designer menu ones.

3. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    cheers mate i thought you would be the one to answer the question(seeing as you answered every other question on the tosh tv on the search i did lol) enjoy the bbq and cheers again and i get back to you thanks again bud :D