1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh Service Menu - Exiting

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by delta, Dec 20, 2000.

1. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know how to access the service menu on Tosh 46WHO8 but before I do, do I come out of it using the 'exit' button or some other way?

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I did a Tosh 40" rear projector today, go to standby and turn back on again.

------------------
    Douch!!......Wot's da madder, da CIA got you pushing too many penzils?

Work: www.hughes-tv.co.uk

3. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this! Maybe you can help me further. Background red is too high, red dominates the picture making many things look brown,(black & white pics have pink tinge and the grey panels on 4:3 show red too). Where do I go for the settings? (If you prefer email me at stdelta@btinternet.com)

Cheers!

4. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Delta,
    On the previous range of Toshes, you are looking for RCUT/RDRV data settings, these are obviously Red Cut-off and Red Drive settings. But If I were you, although you can adjust things by eye, you would be far, far better off getting an engineer with a decent portable white balance meter/colour analyzer to adjust the set properly, the main reason is that to get the correct colour temperatures is quite hard, since byu eye all you can really do is balance the RG and B to give what appears to be white, but this may be in a completely different temperature zone, and since this dramatically affects brightness and contrast, it may make the set look not quite so perfect. I only say this as an ex Tosh engineer who used to spend hours adjusting sets by hand, but never did match the good old metered way... Handheld phillips colour analyzers used to do a superb job. Most TV repair places should own one, all you need to know is the correct temnperatures suggested by the manufacturer.....
    Might need to do this when I persuade the mrs to let me have the Tosh 46", since I have been so impressed by it, the only problem is although she actually works for Tosh, they are offering them to staff yet!! although just to pee me off, I missed out on 20 engineering samples (So they'll be perfectly setup then) for £900.. Boo Hoo...

5. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can appreciate your frustration! Thanks for all your help and advice. I will not do anything risky but I like to know what to do, I've had some pretty useless 'engineers' in the past. I'll be back to the dealer tomorrow; component video isn't working so I need to establish if the set or my DVD player is at fault! Otherwise I love the Tosh even though I have yet to see its full potential. Keep the missus happy over Christmas, once she sees a 46" in your house she will relent. Tell her this is a case of when size does matter! Thanks again and have a good Christmas.