1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tosh sd900e

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nobby, May 23, 2002.

1. nobby

nobby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    :blush:

hi

i see a number of users have recently purchased this player from LEConcepts at the remarkable price of 699.

i was wondering do u know if the machine is a grey import or is graded. if its definately a uk source model i would be really interested.

are they providing a warranty with the player?

i would appreciate feedback asap, cause i am very much torn between this player and the pioneer 747a

what do u guys think.

cheers

2. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    Read there site I think somethings mentioned somewhere that it is UK model/spec.
    It mentions the box and the power cable as identifiers to tell grey imports.
    It is on the site somewhere i read it before ordering mine.

3. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi

Yes, they are UK spec models and at a great price too...
    It's a stunning player in all respects but doesn't play progressive scan on R2, not a problem though if you don't have a projector or plasma screen. The picture from the RGB scart socket will not disappoint.

4. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Snowman - do they not now claim it will do Pal Progressive ?

- certainly the website clearly makes that claim.

Anyone know for sure ?

5. Kane D Williams

Kane D Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I've had my SD900 over a year and was one of the first in the country (this is not some childish boast). If it is true that the ones from LeConcepts do PAL progressive, do you think mine will or is it a special mod they have had done? I can't check this as my PJ doesn't allow progressive through component!

Kane

6. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi all

The Tosh will output prog scan for R2 but is does it badly and its not true PAL prog scan. It down converts R2 to R1 to output it. Something very perculiar happens every 20 seconds or so, a slight glitch in the film is apparent like a single frame has been removed from the scene. Not very pleasent at all and very noticable.

There was once a story on this and many other forums about a magical mystical cd rom that could be entered into the player and it done a firmware upgrade to enable true pal prog scan but it has never surfaced and if it was for real it would have turned up by now. And anyway I sure it would require a hardware upgrade as well.

Dont let this put you off this is a cracking player and for £700 is a star buy, as Im sure your aware and have done all your research and read the reviews.
    The only player at the moment I would trust to do Pal prog scan is the Arcam DV27. The Pioneer 747A is getting some average reviews as being a good all rounder but not stunning.