• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be down from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for quite some time while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Tosh SD900E

Mr Neato

Standard Member
Can anybody offer advice!!!

Have recentley acquired this player and also a fondness for Region 1 DVDs which work on my wharfedale 750 but not on my Tosh:(
Does anydody know if the Tosh has a multi-region handset hack or if it is a firmware only upgrade and if so any where to download it. Any help really appreciated.

Thanks

F

FoxyMulder

If you run a search ur find there's an easy way to get region 1 dvd's to work on all Toshiba players.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks.php?dvdplayer=Toshiba+SD900E&Search=Search

But try this, Put ur dvd in and when it comes up with the region select screen saying you cannot play the disc hit the memory button on your remote and enter 1 (( might be 001 )) and then press play or enter i forget which and it should start the disc from chapter 1 which should be the start of the film and you should be able to change audio on most discs from within the film.

Jase

Distinguished Member
The Toshiba's need a modification done to them, there are no handset hacks that I'm aware of that work.

MarkE19

My Tosh 900e had a firmware mod done by the retailer before sending it to me. I got it from LEConcepts. Why not send them an email or phone them and see if they will send/sell you a firmware disk (look in the sponsors section for contact details).

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom