1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh SD900E

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mr Neato, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Mr Neato

Mr Neato
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anybody offer advice!!!

Have recentley acquired this player and also a fondness for Region 1 DVDs which work on my wharfedale 750 but not on my Tosh:(
    Does anydody know if the Tosh has a multi-region handset hack or if it is a firmware only upgrade and if so any where to download it. Any help really appreciated.

Thanks

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you run a search ur find there's an easy way to get region 1 dvd's to work on all Toshiba players.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks.php?dvdplayer=Toshiba+SD900E&Search=Search

But try this, Put ur dvd in and when it comes up with the region select screen saying you cannot play the disc hit the memory button on your remote and enter 1 (( might be 001 )) and then press play or enter i forget which and it should start the disc from chapter 1 which should be the start of the film and you should be able to change audio on most discs from within the film.

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    The Toshiba's need a modification done to them, there are no handset hacks that I'm aware of that work.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    My Tosh 900e had a firmware mod done by the retailer before sending it to me. I got it from LEConcepts. Why not send them an email or phone them and see if they will send/sell you a firmware disk (look in the sponsors section for contact details).

Mark.