Tosh Sd900e/insomnia (r1) Problem

Blu-rayx

hi,

has anyone had freezing problems with insomnia (r1).

it plays fine in my old tosh 3109.

dvd

UrbanT

Distinguished Member
dvd,

this is the only disc my 900e has ever had a problem with. It freezes or stutters several times during the film. A quick press of the fast rewind button followed by 'play' continues the film as normal until the next hiccup.

Hope this puts your mind at rest :)

Blu-rayx

urbanT,

that dose put my mind at rest,do you think it's worth changing the disc?

dvd

S

Squirrel God

Originally posted by dvd
do you think it's worth changing the disc?
Most definitely.

It sounds more like a faulty DVD than an incompatibility. I have had 2 DVDs in my life that have behaved similarly (freezing, jittering, etc) - in both cases it was down to bad DVDs not incompatibilities and a replacement has been fine.

Try a good wipe of the playing surface first and see if that helps but it's more likely to be something non visible like the bonding of the two disks being a bit cack in this particular instance.

Jase

Distinguished Member
Hi

Played Ok on my Tosh 900E. Maybe it´s the disc.:confused:

D

daninthemix

I have exactly the same problem. Not only does it freeze at several points throughout, but there's a quite a bit of HF distortion in the mix too...sounds like there might be a batch of bad discs, but why have no non-900E owners reported this :confused:

S

Squirrel God

Well, perhaps DVD and Daninthemix should share who they bought their disks from, 'cause if it's the same supplier, that would really suggest a bad batch.....

Distortion in HF mix wouldn't suggest a bad disk to me, as if it results in sound faults it would also register visual faults too unless this distortion occurs in same places as skipping. Otherwise, just suggests a bad mix. Presume Dan that you also have the R1 as opposed to the R3?

D

daninthemix

R3? No I have the R1. I bought from Play...they've said I can have it replaced, but a mate of mine is borrowing it at the mo...I'll have to ask him if he has had any problems with this disc.