Tosh SD900E and LEConcepts

G

galewis

Doh! After 2 weeks waiting I finally get my Tosh SD900E from LEConcepts only to find scratch marks on the lid (presumably from a slipped screwdriver used by the technician when doing the multi region mod). So I've now got to wait christ knows how long for a replacement. However three things come to mind:-

1. I thought multi region mods for Toshiba could now be done using a firmware update disc? If this is the case, and as LEConcepts are apparantly authorised Toshiba resellers, why bother opening the box up to make hardware changes when it's not necessary?

2. The packaging was predominantly french (i think it's french anyway), although they was a seperate english manual included). Does this mean I got a grey import and if so, so what, if LEConcepts are indeed approved Tosh resellers?

3. Anyone have any thoughts on the best way to connect this and a sky digibox (I don't know which one yet as It's being fitted next week) to a Sony KV36FS70, which has only one RGB scart?

4. Someone's offered me an ONKYO TS-SD595? for £250 (mint condition) - Should I go for it (for use with KEF eggs that I've already purchased?), or can I get more for my money (new or second hand). I've heard there are some set up problem with this receiver and sub/sat combinations.... something to do with a fixed amplifier crossover??

Thanks for reading..... thanks even more for a reply .
:)

I have used L/edge concepts before and received excellent service with "Serb" communicating with me and answering all sorts of questions for me. I`ve jjust ordered a Tosh 9000E and indeed spoke to "Serb" regarding the modification. He told me they actually do the mod themselves .I would there fore say give "Serb" a ring and I`m sure he`ll fix you up . Good luck Peter Booth

Sorry Galewis ,I didn`t read your post correctly . I see you seem to have contacted them and been promised a replacement. As i said I ordered one yesterday and was told, 30 pieces will arrive from Tosh Wednesday.My order was the 25th of the 30 so I would assume you should be getting one of them too. I would still ring "Serb " who will be able to confirm that this is so. regards Peter Booth

I've been waiting a few weeks now, with two delivery dates having slipped by without a player. I was told on Wednesday (the most recent delivery date) that the reason for the delay is 'electrical problems' in the warehouse, sparked off by the recent rains. The newest date for delivery is now Monday coming.

As for the scratches, they told me on the 'phone that they do a software mod, and only opened one or two up to look how well built they are inside.

Here's looking to Monday - I'll let you know if it does/does not arrive.

Hi Gwyne, Looks like I`m waiting until Monday too. I ordered tosh 900 last week to be told Tosh hadn`t fulfillled ledges orderfor Wednesday delivery.Possible deliveries Friday didn`t happen,due to Tosh again,I was told Monday possible or Mid week .Nowt said about electrics in the warehouse though. Hope we are both happy by Wednesday.Regards Peter.

Originally posted by p.booth
Nowt said about electrics in the warehouse though.
I have to say it did all sound rather fishy...
Hope we are both happy by Wednesday.
I'm still expecting mine on Monday, if the last 'phonecall can be in any way trusted. They'll get hell from me if it doesn't turn up...

Update:
It didn't come. Bugger.

On speaking to Serb, they are definitely coming in on Wednesday, but only half the number they were expecting.
That means Thursday is the delivery date. If it doesn't come then it may well be a cancelled order, as I bloomin' hate being given the runaround.

Same old story.... my replacement is supposed to be with me on Thursday as well. Why can't they be honest and just tell us the actual date. I wouldn't mind so much if they were honest about it. It's so annoying when you arrange for the in-laws to house sit and then it's a no show from leconcepts:mad:

Originally posted by galewis
Same old story.... my replacement is supposed to be with me on Thursday as well.
Given that I'm just the other side of Downham Market, I'm expecting our players will be in the same white van :D

Yes I was told they would receive the delivery on Wednesday next week . Thursday they will get modded,then delivery Friday .If not then I`m looking elsewhere. If what Serb says is correct It will have to another brand I look for . tosh told Serb there were 69 units left and that was it ,no more would be manufactured.

They never tell the same story twice.... They told me they would be in Wednesday and delivered Thursday. When I told them it would be some achievement to receive, mod and send them all by cob Wednesday, I was told they would be already modded by the time they received them.

Does anyone know the name of the store manager there. I'm sure he wouldn't be pleased to hear that his staff are fobbing us off time after time.

Does anyone know the name of the store manager there. I'm sure he wouldn't be pleased to hear that his staff are fobbing us off time after time.
I believe that Serb is the manager.

Thats correct Serb is the Manager . I`m going to phone him now!

Having spoken to Serb he confirms Toshiba have promised to deliver 22 pieces on Wednesday . They will then be sent to B,aukland to be modded ,which means they will be sent out Thurs for delivery Friday. Serb assures that the problem was Tosh ,and says no money has been debited from any one and will not be until they are delivered.If any one speaks to persons in the shop via phone etc, please ask their name.Serb is keen to uphold the good reputation they have .Roll on Friday ¬ Cheers PeterB.

I orderd a Tosh 520 on the 4 Oct from Leconcepts it never arrived:mad: I have been fighting to get a refund from them since, they keep fobbing me off too, I'm well dissappointed with their service & won't use them again. I'll give them 28 days to refund & then im off to the C.Advice. I do hope you guys don't try for a refund!

cheers Steve

Hi Rainfall,
As things stand I haven`t been charged yet . This would concur with what Serb said when I spoke to him this morning. You shouldn`t get charged until the unit is on it`s way to you from them. If you have been charged I would suggest you ring the shop ( numbers on the website) and discuss it with Serb.He appears to have had a number of unreliable assistants at the end of the phone in the past.Although It`s not up to me to defend or explain ,but I will say I`ve had excellent service up till now.I`ll give them the benefit of doubt regarding the delay of Tosh 900e `s and lay that at Tosh`s door.Ido hope they haven`t charged you ,but if they have it puts them in a different light unless Serb can explain. Good luck Peter B.

My original order via the web site was 23/09. I was debited on 23/09 and the DVD was dispatched 10/10.

I`m a bit confused . Are you saying Leading edge say they sent you a Tosh but you didn`t receive it?Regards Peter B.

Originally posted by p.booth
I`m a bit confused . Are you saying Leading edge say they sent you a Tosh but you didn`t receive it?Regards Peter B.

Hi Peter, yes thats correct, City Link say the driver lost the dvd player on the van, I placed my order on the 3rd for next day delivery. I had stayed home all day of the 4th, @ 5.30pm I rang Leading edge and asked for a full refund,

cheers Steve

Originally posted by Rainfall
City Link say the driver lost the dvd player on the van
Lucky driver ;)

This is pretty open-and-shut in law for a replacement (if that's the right word for something you never got); I'm not so sure about refund however. Any armchair lawyers out there?

my 2p worth even Serb gives you the runaround - mine's now supposed to be a definite delivery on Thursday, but looking at the above comments it's not going to happen. Does anyone know if they monitor these fora? Perhaps they should be pointed here by email...

Originally posted by Rainfall
I'll give them 28 days to refund & then im off to the C.Advice. I do hope you guys don't try for a refund!

Assuming you paid by credit-card, don't bother with Citizens Advice, just get your credit card company to do a charge-back.

Originally posted by rjw
Assuming you paid by credit-card, don't bother with Citizens Advice, just get your credit card company to do a charge-back.

No paid via Switch:eek: Oops!!!

I didn't have the funds on my credit card at that time so I paid via Switch, so its got to be Citizens Advice,

cheers Steve

I ordered my 900 from LE. The first didn't turn up but they told me it was fully insured and they would send another - which they did and just asked me to return the first one if it did turn up. Although it has to be said that they could find no tracking number for the courier for the first shipment so I did wonder if it was ever sent.

Are Leconcepts aware of the forum?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom