1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh SD510E or Marantz 4100OSE?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Adele, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Adele

Adele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd be very interested to hear which you think is the better player? I'm seriously considering the Tosh because of the progressive scan (and the component out) but should I be discarding the idea of getting the Marantz so quickly?

I'm not too fussy about CD playing capabilities as I'll be sticking to my Marantz CD63 for that.

I started out thinking that I'd get a Tosh 210E due to all the rave reviews (and the great price) - is the progressive scan worth the extra dosh?

Apologies if this is repeating an earlier thread - searching seems to be a slow process at the moment (I think due to the network I'm on)

Thanks,
    Adele.

2. Kane D Williams

Kane D Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I think I'd go with the Tosh. I have an SD900E and it is a great DVD player.

Although you arn't bothered about CD playback, my SD900E sounds better with CD's (IMO) to my (standard) Marantz CD63. It sounds leaner and a little less punchy, but cleaner, smoother and more revealing. I must say though, that I have never seen the Marantz in action or the particular Tosh you are contemplating, so my opinion of my Toshiba is probably not of much help?

Good luck!

Kane

3. mikenruth

mikenruth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your display device supports prog. scan, decision made for me. If it doesn't and you don't plan to replace it in the near future, I'd go for teh Marantz. Prog. scan's a bit like a 5th wheel on a car if you can't use it ;)