Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

tosh SD210 ntsc picture

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by anephric, May 2, 2002.

1. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    Hi,

I, for the life of me, CANNOT get any kind of watchable ntsc picture from my chipped tosh sd210: composite is just horrible and s-video and rgb have contrasty lines that shear from any vivid light or colour source. All viewing modes are fine when watching Pal discs.

My tv is a Hitachi C32WF535N but I've tried the player on my old panasonic and my mate's mitsubishi as well: all 3 tvs claim ntsc compatability but I get the exact same problem on each.

Is there a fault with the ntsc output on my player that I can remedy, or do I need to buy an ntsc convertor? if so, can anyone recommend one (sub£100)? Will I be able to get s-video or rgb output from a convertor?

Kind suggestions please, because I have quite a lot of R1 discs that worked fine on my old chipped tosh sd100 (though I think that was outputting a converted Pal60 signal instead of ntsc, which is why my tv worked with it). :confused: