1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh SD100 vs Sony 336

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Cullen, Jan 18, 2001.

1. Cullen

Cullen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering buying one of the above players. Althought the Tosh's picture is rated as A1 and is around £80 cheaper than the Sony, I am keen on the Sony for its two scarts, (current) no-hassle RCE compatible mod and remote compatibility with my FQ75.

Can anyone confirm if the 336 can handle rgb loop-through from an on-digital box via the 336 to the FQ75's single rgb scart. If it does, I guess the output from the 336 to the TV switches to the DVD output when a DVD is played and back to the on-digital box when it is not?? Why are the TV manufacturers so skimpy on their rgb scart provision??

Any other views on the 336 vs SD100??

Thanks,
    Cullen

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Hi Cullen
    I have the 335, same as 336 apart from colour, it's connected via rgb to my sony tv, I also have a pace ondigital box connected via rgb routed through my dvd player, it does work in rgb although the picture on the pace is not as bright as it is connected directly to the rgb imput on my tv.
    The answer to your question is yes it does work but not as good as it would be if it was connected directly to the tv.
    As for comparing the two players, they both have had good review's, I chose the sony to match my equipment, plus it was only £280 multi region from www.techtronics.com with three dvd titles thrown in. [​IMG]

good luck
    Tim

------------------
    Perhap's today is a good day yo die

3. baccattack

baccattack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I have the Sony 536, pretty simlar, with my Philips OnDigital rgb signal routed throug it and can confirm that you should have no problem with rgb loop through and auto switching. Also unlike Tim I haven't noticed any loss in the quality of picture from my set top box since adding my dvd player.

Stephen.