Tosh SD-350E....can i put it on it's side?

oobster

As per title....

Just bought a SD-350E today and would like to know if it will work properly if it is put on it's side constantly.

Not got it connected up yet, as I am waiting on delivery of my new LCD.

Think i might have bought an HDMI lead that's too short, but should fit ok if the player goes on it's side.

Many thanks in advance

vicbarry

I dont know to be honest, but Id say NO simply because the disc will not sit correctly in the tray and wont spin properly. Maybe Im wrong, but from past experience ;)

oobster

I just wondered since i currently use a PS2 to play DVD's, and that is designed to play discs on it's side. I know that the discs 'clip' into the tray ona PS2 though.

dazzafact

oobster said:
As per title....

Just bought a SD-350E today and would like to know if it will work properly if it is put on it's side constantly.

Not got it connected up yet, as I am waiting on delivery of my new LCD.

Think i might have bought an HDMI lead that's too short, but should fit ok if the player goes on it's side.

Many thanks in advance
No!! Apparently even tilted, the mechanics will not be able to work properly! Although from memory i think my info was regarding cd players, but i'm presuming it is similar!! It was from a What hi fi problem page thingy, and they slated the guy for even conemplating it!!

oobster

Managed to re-arrange some stuff so didnt need to put it on it's side after all.

Thanks for the replies though

Trending threads

Top Bottom