Tosh SD 350 from Pixmania - Shipping Probs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by vicbarry, Oct 25, 2005.

1. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hey all

Ordered a Toshiba SD 350 on the 17th Oct from pixmania. Ive ordered from them once before and all was well. But now the account status page reads
    "As part of our efforts to maintain clear communication, we regret to inform you that, following computer related problems regarding our stock inventory, we experiencing some delay in preparing orders. The delay for your order should not exceed 5 days." Obviously this is gone past the 5 day malarky and my credit card was charged right away. Ive emailed them yesterday and got no reply, and I may as well be waiting for a bus to arrive on time when it comes to ringing them. No joy there either. Just wondering has anybody else got anything on order with them at the mo and are experiencing the same carry on.

2. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +609
    Why didn't you pick one up at your local Comet?

3. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Living in Ireland, and where I am no Comet! :(

4. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +609
    I see your problem....sorry about that.

5. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    I hate to be the one to tell you this but Pixmania are notorious for taking your money when they don't actually have stock. Do a search on Pixmania and you'll see what I mean.

6. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    play.com - £79.99 delivered mate.

7. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I know that, but I had a perfect transaction with them before. Hindsight and all that :(

I might give Play a go if I get no satisfaction in the next few days. I suppose the best method of sorting this out is ringing the credit card company and getting them to take back the money???

8. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for that, but Play wont deliver electronics to Ireland :thumbsdow

9. chippyminter

chippyminter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered some stuff on the 4th oct, two weeks went by, no joy, like hitting your head on a brick wall trying to ring them, the e-mail system they use is next to useless nobody returns your e-mails, I canceled that order because they had no paper work from able2buy, able2buy said is was pix's fault back and forth, both partys blaming each other, stupidly I re-ordered paying by my card, that was on th 17th, still no goods although they say the order has been sent, I've a funny fealing that only half the goods will turn up, what a crap company to deal with.........

10. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Man, am I glad I didnt order my Samsung TV from them!!!!! I stand corrected, according to my credit card people they havent charged my card yet. I may as well cancel at this stage I guess. Any reccomendations of a decent site that will ship the 350 to Ireland. Its a shame because I really liked the pixmania site, they have a huge selection of products!!!

11. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Man, am I glad I didnt order my Samsung TV from them!!!!! I may as well cancel at this stage I guess. Its a shame because I really liked the pixmania site, they have a huge selection of products!!!

Any reccomendations of a decent site that will ship the 350 to Ireland

12. noshoulders

noshoulders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I bought a Tosh' 27" LCD (W27L55 i think) from pixmania, they have an option at checkout for "promotional code". Within 10 minutes of placing the order via website i got a reply on another forum giving a 10% off code, so i rang pix who said it had expired.
    I said "but it works on your website, i am within my rights to cancel my existing order and i'll place a new order with the code. Either way you're losing out as you have credit card transaction fees, admin....."
    They saw my point and agreed to apply 10% discount to the order.
    Basically, i never got the money back, i threatened to make them pick the TV up, but was only bluffing, i may have a bitter taste in my mouth, but i've got a great bedroom TV.
    I'm not impressed by Pix, they won't be getting any of my money again.

13. noshoulders

noshoulders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    That's my rant for the day!

14. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Vic,

Try Amazon.co.uk.... they have the Tosh for £75ish, another few bob for postage.

S.

15. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    i'd vote for going with amazon, one time something didnt look like it was turning up, they just sent out another, no questions asked, all i did was word a polite email, nothing strong....

then the day after the reorder was dispatched the original turned up, was our local sorting office's fault...lol...played fair and told amazon, they said if i could return one of the packages to a depot they would be thankful...and they were, emailed me a code for £10 off :)

16. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Theres a 1-2 week delay with amazon on the particular model. But in hindsight I would have had the bloody thing by now. If theres nothing happening by Tuesday with Pixmania, Ill cancel and get a refund. Anyone know who fast or slow they are when it comes to putting the money back into your CCard!

noshoulders, this will be my last dealing with them too!!

17. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    if it was a debit card then they will make you wait as long as they like to get the cash back, could be quick or could take ages....

if its a proper credit card, then just phone whoever supplies your credit card and tell them what the problem has been, they will get it back VERY quickly...heh

18. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It was a credit card. Ive mailed them and said by Tuesday, if nothings happening with it then refunds away!!!! :clap: If the money isnt back in the card by the end of the week Ill let the credit card people do their worst :devil:

19. hotmaj

hotmaj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently well i say recently over a month ago i placed and then cancelled an order on the same day. I was told that they could not cancel the order and i had to refuse delivery, which i did.
    Many calls and e-mails later still no refund, my credit card company is now involved.

20. vicbarry

vicbarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    This is still going on. I got an email on Nov 2 saying "We are processing a request for reimbursement for your order xxxxxxxx. You shall receive a further email regarding the outcome of your request."

As of today, nothing. Ive tried ringing them, but I may as well be ringing the Pope. I rang my credit card company who tell me I have to wait 30 days from the date of the above email before they can get involved. What a joke. :mad: :mad:

21. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +964
    I ordered a Canon printer from them last week and got the same message - I was a bit annoyed as to why they did not advise this before the order was placed.

However, must say I received the printer three working days later. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Martin.