Tosh SD-2109 M/Region

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by LDR, Nov 2, 2002.

1. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I have a R2 Toshiba SD-2109 which is fantastic picture wise, and was wondering whether to have it made m/region or to buy a newer player that is already m/r.

Any opinions on what to do and what I should be looking at for the same sort of picture quality ?

Thanks

LDR

2. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Refresh......

3. ilkand

ilkand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a 2109 (R2) but when I looked at making it multi-region I was told that it was a difficult job and therefore expensive. I keep looking, but there still doesn't seem to be an easy way to hack it. I came to the conclusion that it would be better to bite the bullet and buy a new dvd player. I am also looking for gains in sound quality which on the 2109 is not that good IMO.

Andy

4. rcheesman

rcheesman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have a Toshiba sd2109 (region 2) which I have had for a couple of years.

If it is another 'bugdet priced' Toshiba DVD player you are after which is multi-region, I have been informed that the Toshiba 220E multi-region DVD player is currently priced at £119.99 on the Amazon.co.uk website.

I do not know if it fits the bill or how it is rated amongst other multie-region DVD Players.

Regards

R