Tosh RXS32 component question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by F G Evans, Jan 17, 2005.

1. F G Evans

F G Evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased a Yamaha RDX650 applifier which upconverts a composite signal into s-video.

At present i am using my x-box with an s-video lead straight into the front on my Tosh RPTV. There is no benefit therefore by connecting the x-box to the amplifier (obviously apart from the sound)

My recorder is connected by component to my TV and i have my Humax freeview boxplugged into the recorder through its RGB connection.

Now i know that the recorder will output the Humax signal through the component leads - so i assume the recorder is converting the RGB signal to component.

However if i connect the x-box into the front s-video connection on the recorder and select it will that also be able to be pushed through the component output to the TV.

2. F G Evans

F G Evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone?

3. F G Evans

F G Evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    surely someone has some idea about this

4. kitschcamp

kitschcamp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Personally I see no reason why not. If I feed it S-video, composite or RGB via the scarts it quite happily outputs it as component. I don't see any reason for the s-video jack to behave any differently. Try it.