Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Tosh RXS32 component question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by F G Evans, Jan 17, 2005.

1. F G Evans

F G Evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased a Yamaha RDX650 applifier which upconverts a composite signal into s-video.

At present i am using my x-box with an s-video lead straight into the front on my Tosh RPTV. There is no benefit therefore by connecting the x-box to the amplifier (obviously apart from the sound)

My recorder is connected by component to my TV and i have my Humax freeview boxplugged into the recorder through its RGB connection.

Now i know that the recorder will output the Humax signal through the component leads - so i assume the recorder is converting the RGB signal to component.

However if i connect the x-box into the front s-video connection on the recorder and select it will that also be able to be pushed through the component output to the TV.

2. F G Evans

F G Evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone?

3. F G Evans

F G Evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    surely someone has some idea about this

4. kitschcamp

kitschcamp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Personally I see no reason why not. If I feed it S-video, composite or RGB via the scarts it quite happily outputs it as component. I don't see any reason for the s-video jack to behave any differently. Try it.