Tosh RxDS-32 question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jungle, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Jungle

Jungle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem in opening video files which I have coppied from my Tosh RxDS-32 to a DVD-RW on my PC. When I insert the DVD-RW my PC can't recognise it. However when I insert the DVD-RW to my Tosh DVD recorder it works fine. I used high speed dubbing when I copy the video file from Tosh to DVD-RW. Is that a problem? should I use a standard copy?

I want to use my PC to edit the materials I recorded on my Tosh RXDS-32 HDD. I know the best way is to record or copy the file to a DVDRAM. However my PC DVD driver can't read DVD RAM. Could any one help please.
    :lease:

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Did you finalise the disc? Note if you use the "DVD-video creation" menu it automatically does a high speed dub and finalises. I've created DVD-RWs on my XS32 this way and read them OK on my PC.

Mark

3. Jungle

Jungle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mark,
    No I did not finalise the DVD-RW after the high speed dub. The reason I do not finalise it is that I need to edit the content. I use Ulead movie factory or Ulead studio to edit the content and add additional titles,etc. I though if I just dub the video to the DVD-RW it will remain in VR mode and can be easily edited by any third party software.

Jianguo

4. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    The XS32 doesn't support VR mode for DVD-RW; only for RAM. So, to use -RW you would have to finalise the disc and it would be Video mode.

Mark

5. Jungle

Jungle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again Mark.

If this is the case then I have to buy a PC DVD writer which support DVD RAM format. Alternatively do you know any software which allow you to edit the content of a DVD formated disc?

I also looking for my next DVD/HD recorder and this time I want to make sure that my next kit support the VR mode in DVD+RW or DVD-RW.

6. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    On a DVD-Video, as you may know, the files are .VOB files, which are an mpeg2 video file with the audio multiplexed in.

I’ve not used it, but MPEG Video Wizard from Womble is one package which can edit a VOB file.

http://www.womble.com/

There are also various free/shareware around which allows you to demux the .VOB into its mpeg and audio (e.g. AC3) part, like Vobedit. http://www.ifoedit.com/ You can then use any editing software that can handle Mpeg, or if you are just authoring you can use these files directly in your authoring application.

I haven’t done this much – for things I record on my DVD recorder, I generally edit only on the recorder. For camcorder footage I edit and author DVDs on the PC.

If you already have software for editing in VR mode, it may be cheaper/easier for you to get a new DVD writer which at least reads RAM.

Mark

7. Jungle

Jungle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mark,

I have got a Pineer 106 writer, an old Sony DVD writer, and one came with my HP computer (The Richo DVDR?). Unfortunately non of them can read DVD RAM. Could you recommend a DVD writer which can read DVD RAM?

Jungle

8. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Pioneer 109 can read RAM, if you like your 106 that would be a good option.

Mark

9. sinclair

sinclair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  10. Jungle

Jungle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Poineer DVDR is the best DVD writer I had so far. It is least picky on media type. I have successfully used a lot of low cost DVD+/-R disc which other DVD writer would rejects. How about the LG one. I have never used the brand before so I would like comments from someone who have experience in using it.

Jungle

11. sinclair

sinclair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0