TOSH rsx32 NTSC Recording Help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by knotpc, May 8, 2005.

1. knotpc

knotpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    :lease: A friend in the States has set some recorded DVD's of Home video, these are recorded in NTSC. When I have tried to back these up on the TOSH the screen messes up on the recording as well as the top and bottom border both being recorded on the bottom of the screen.

This happens when I try to record to hard disk from the disk drive, also if I record from my Pioneer dvd player via av2.

If I just play the dvd's themselves from the TOSH to the telly or from the Pioneer to the telly it is fine. If I play the disks from the Pioneer through the TOSH with SAT MON on the picture is fine, but when I turn SAT MON off so that the signal goes into through the TOSH the picture messes up without even recording.

I'm sure I've read somewhere on how to get round this( probably on this forum), but you never seem to find these things when you need them! :beer:

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    The Tosh won't record NTSC. It will play it, but not record it (not correctly at least).
    If you have a DVD writer and PC you could do it that way. Some of the settop recorders (e.g. Pioneer, Panasonic) will record NTSC, but not the Toshiba.

Mark

3. knotpc

knotpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Cheers Mark,
    I've got a Panny recorder as well but alas it also plays NTSC but not :( record. Guess I'll have to invest in a DVD recorder on my PC. :beer:

4. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panny dvd recorders ALL record NTSC.All you need to do is change the tv system setting in the menu.What they won't do is record NTSC as output from a UK VCR,which is actually PAL 60.Philips and Pioneer recorders will record PAL 60.
    Best option is either a PC dvd rewriter which can easliy clone the discs,or if you have access to a Pioneer HDD/DVDR combo,then they also can clone the discs using their Disc backup feature,thereby retaining all quality,menus,chapters etc aswell.
    If all else fails,make sure the Tosh is outputting NTSC and not PAL 60,and the Panny will happily record the NTSC discs after the aforementioned menu change

5. knotpc

knotpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Cheers Phelings,
    I'll give it another bash when I get home. :beer: