1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh RPTV - what is a "hard convergence reset"

Discussion in 'TVs' started by gedclink, Apr 4, 2005.

1. gedclink

gedclink
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    6 months after shipping my tosh 52" rear projection telly 12,000 miles around the world I am STILL playing with the convergence..

Can't seem to get rid of certain shadows around the letters in the menu displays - Have been playing around in the service menu but it ain't nearly as good as it used to be when i set it up in the UK..

I can just imagine the banging it got after 9 weeks in a container on the deck of a ship.

Checked around for a reliable RPTV service company in Christchurch, NZ (where i now live ) and was recommended by a high end audio shop, the name of a TV repair company who would undertake a "hard convergence reset" and it was a “back off and techy tools repair" job..

mmmhhhhh.....What exactly is the above or is he blowing smoke out his bunghole?

Thanks for any advice

Ged

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    It means taking the back off and physically moving the scan coil magnets and rings to align the convergence.......sounds as though he knows what he's doing.