1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh RP Owners: Is This A Fault??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Meldrew_Lives, Dec 3, 2001.

1. Meldrew_Lives

Meldrew_Lives

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a new 46WH08B delivered 3 weeks ago and spent some time getting the settings right using all the good advice on this forum.

Everything has been fine until the last couple of days. When I first switch the set on after it being off for a while (e.g. overnight) the convergence has gone wildly out. It gets a little better over the next 10-15 mins and then suddenly everything is OK. It is almost as if a switch has been operated.

Since it was not previously doing this (and I haven't been messing with the settings for a while) I'm wondering whether I need to get on to a service engineer.

Anybody else had/having this experience??

2. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    It takes about 45mins for the set to warm up, and your convergence may be out during this time.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

As a rule, leave your set on for at least 40mins - 1 hour BEFORE even playing with convergence settings. Following this, don't be tempted to change them again until the set has warmed up, you should find things start to come back into focus without you needing to fiddle anymore.

I found that the set gets better after it has been "run in" for a while...so you probably don't need to reach for the engineer phone number just yet !

Cheers
    Daz

4. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Yes, i've noticed this too with the 40WH08B.

Also it helps (enormously) if you have good colour vision for the convergence set up.
    I thought I had it set up OK, until I got a second opinion from somebody with normal colour vision.

I am colour blind on reds and greens and I was way out with the convergence.