1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh RP Component connection

Discussion in 'TVs' started by toshrpowner, Dec 30, 2001.

1. toshrpowner

toshrpowner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody else had problems with Component cables with Toshiba RP tv's and DVD's.

When playing DVD's through my Toshiba 210E there seems to be faint grey lines flickering across the centre of the screen when viewing very dark or black scenes.

I've tried playing around with the brightness, contrast and 100HZ and Natural scan modes but it can still be seen.

I have Sky+ connected through the RGB scart socket and totally dark or black scenes are shown perfectly black with no flickering.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

TA

tosh

2. brattle

brattle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried the 210 through the scart to check it's not a dodgy player?

3. toshrpowner

toshrpowner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes brattle, I have tried it through the RGB scart connection and there is no flickering so the players OK, but the component connection is supposed to be better quality.:mad:

I think the cables made by Prolink which are supposed to be good ones, this might be the problem.

4. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I get none of these problems using my SD9000 connected to 40WHO8B via Monster component cables.

However, I do get this problem when using my PS2 connected via Sony's Official component cable, so I suspect the problem is caused by lower-quality cables (as the Sony is very poor).

5. CRVNOS

CRVNOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use the "component" cable that came in the box with the DVD. No problems here. All other scarts are £1.50 jobbies of the market and work superbly.

Tried £35 cables and quite honestly cant see any differance.

:)