1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh RP 42WH18B - motion issue

Discussion in 'TVs' started by DanT, Jun 4, 2002.

1. DanT

DanT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, can someone reassure me please.
    Issue: I watch the world cup via a terrestrial aerial in through the wall and it's blurred , soft focus on small objects/distant figures and pans round with the camera like it's running at ten frames a second on a poor pc.

Gamecube,+component RGB cable - picture is excellent and sharp
    DVD + scart - not stunning, some soft focus issue still and a bit of jaggered camera panning again.

So if i had a Sky digital box would the tv issues disappear?
    If i had a dvd player with RGB component connection - would the issues disappear ??

Have i bought the wrong RPTV ?

I've tried all he settings and convergence issues and it was embarrassing when people came round to watch the england game and made comments (the picture, not the england performance!)
    thanks
    Daniel

2. micflair

micflair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    erm, erm - no offence mate, but you aint bought the wrong tv, your using a 1500quid tv, and only shoving a crappy analog signal through it? Your aerial? Get yourself some form of digital reception, be in Sky or otherwise, and see the picture improve by 819212991% okay mate!

Mick

3. DanT

DanT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that's all i need to know :)
    thanks

4. micflair

micflair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    No probs mate, glad I could help, I would say get Sky, make sure you connect it with a scart in the RGB port for the ultimate in picture my friend, you wont believe the difference :)

Mick

5. jasonlgriffin

jasonlgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to let you know that my Tosh 32ZP18 TV has been a little jerky (during World Cup) when someone kicks the ball from one end of the pitch to the other and also zoomed out views of the players are fairly blurred.

I have read that the BBC were gearing up to receive complaints about the quality of its broadcasts because it has to convert from NTSC (the standard used in Japan) to PAL on-the-fly. You can expect some deterioration during this process.

I've watched games previously on the same TV and have not noticed any jerkiness (except when Man U are playing and they all jerk!), although zoomed out shots can still be blurry.

Personally I blame it on the NTSC-PAL thingy.

6. micflair

micflair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    For sure that has something 2do with it, but your saying thats more at fault than the standard aerial connection?!?!

Mick

7. jasonlgriffin

jasonlgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Uh... yes!

OK, analogue is not going to be as good as digital is most respects (except of course you don't get dodgy digital/compression artefacts in analogue!) and big TVs and modern processing tend to exaggerate the noise in the signal, but I think you are perhaps being a little too harsh on good ol' analogue - it is perfectly watchable on my set (which is known to have a less than perfect tuner in it as well).

I've watched footy via analogue before and it was fine - the broadcasts during the World Cup have been jerky at times (but still does not distract from the viewing IMO - only the England football team can do that!)

8. micflair

micflair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yeah I gotta agree with the quality of the team :(

Haha, I still think tho that the aerial thing is his major downfall, especially with that TV! Well, only one way for him to find out anyway. haha

Mick