1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tosh RGB query

Discussion in 'TVs' started by chedmaster, Jun 8, 2005.

1. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Just bought a second hand tosh 28zd26p, and on EXT 1 i have connected sky by RGB, but i dont think im getting an RGB picture, i think its just composite (changing from rgb to pal makes no difference to pic on sky box).

the reason i wonder is on my old TV i pressed av button twice to select RGB, is there something like this im missing on the tosh? ive got no manual as yet.

thanks

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    Have you connected the TV scart to the TV scart on the digibox (which is the only one to output RGB)?
    Manual is available here
    EXT1 is RGB/Composite
    EXT2 and EXT3 are selectable (in the setup menu) S-Video or Composite.
    Are you using a fully wired scart lead?

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    thanks for your reply, im using a fully wired scart lead. Is there an auto switch for RGB like there is for 16:9? i.e. when the tv recieves a voltage in a certain pin it selects RGB. The reason i ask is the cable run is 8 metres, so the voltage may be dropping, below the threshold? I thought of this because I have no widescreen switching (auto) either, and although this doesnt bother me, it makes me think the cable is too long.

The picture, now ive adjusted settings, appears RGB sharp now, and the colours are awesome, its just that when i get the blue screen switching channels (and other constant colour screens) i get that "composite" static line/s in the background. can't really explain it. Dont worry too much the picture is so good i just get this feeling im not getting the best.