• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tosh REGZA 32XV635 or Sony KDL32V5500 or Philips 32PFL5604

S

shamardal

Trying to decide between the 3 models above, anybody have any input or recommendations. TV will be many used for SKY, connecting Laptop for HD viewing etc. DVDs both SD and BD. Not a gamer here.

Leaning towards the Tosh, both the tosh and the Sony are same price at £449, the Philips is slightly cheaper @ 399. Have been reading some bad reviews on the philips for SD use and has put me off it a little.
The Toshiba has 100Hz aswell so should be good for footy viewing.

Also have the LG 32LH3000 in mind which is priced at 379 so is the cheapest of the lot.

Thanks for your help!

yechrist

Standard Member
The fact is, no one who reads this forum has the Toshiba 32XV635. Nor is there anyone, I suspect, who has actually seen the model in person. There are a few owners of the 37inch and alot of 42inch owners. The latter all seem to be happy with the picture, but encounter sound probems. Whether or not those problems are likewise evident on the smaller 32inch model is anyone's guess.

I've given up enquiring about the 32XV635. The only response anyone gives is that it probably won't be as good as the Sony. This might well be true. But it's only ever a guess.

I'm holding out from buying a TV for at least 6 months. If I see a bargain come the World Cup, perhaps I'll put my foot back into the water. Here in Oxford we aren't getting Freeview HD until 2011, so either I'll get one in June that excells at SD (Philips 9404?) or wait until 2011 to pick up a well-priced LED set.

Sorry for the despondent tone.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom