1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh Rdxs34 - Unable To Select Colour Option (title/chapter) menu On Finalising DVD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by CYMRAES, Aug 28, 2005.

1. CYMRAES

CYMRAES

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Can anyone help please? Someone out there must know where I am going wrong.

I have tried everything, and almost worn the manual out! After creating a Dvd-video, or dubbing selected items- when I go to finalise the disc and 'menu create', I can't choose anything other than the colour/character selection that is presented for title/chapter menu.

You are supposed to be able to select colour options on menus - 'at step 10', by pressing the *button again, a colour setting display appears - it doesn't!

If you press * it shows a preview of how the menu looks, pressing it again takes you back to the menu selection. I have tried pressing other buttons, and quick menu to try and get the other menu up, but nothing happens.

It does state in the manual that while displaying a preview screen of your captured image, you can access the other menu to correct colour etc. Your supposed to be able to change the character colour also, to improve legibility of them on menus, and change 'background colour'.

Am I missing something? I have gone through it step by step from the manual, but unable to select colour options etc. I have run out of ideas, and have gone over and over it all, and I just can't get it!

2. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The option to make these changes is only available if you are using your own saved screen image for the menu. The pre-defined menus cannot be altered. At least that is the way that it works on my XS34.

3. CYMRAES

CYMRAES

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Alan, you've come to my rescue again!

I'm not sure what you mean - could you explain please on how I do this?

Is it when you do 'capture image' as a menu? The thing is I did do a capture image, but I can't figure out (yet) how I can get that in the menu - it doesn't come up in the option.

Sorry, I am finding the manual a bit confusing/hard work at times - it looks pretty simple and gives step by step instructions, but then you have to refer to different pages in other parts of the manual to get through one section!

4. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yes, this confused me at first. Because there are exactly eight pre-defined menus, any image that you save will be on page two of the menu screens. I assume from what you say that you have saved an image but can't find it.

5. CYMRAES

CYMRAES

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Yes that's right Alan. Well, I shall try to see if I can sort it tomorrow - I've had it for today.

I shall let you know what happens tomorrow!

Thanks again for responding Alan, much appreciated.

I'm glad others are finding the manual hard work - it's not the easiest I've come across!

6. CYMRAES

CYMRAES

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    :clap: Thanks again Alan - I feel a little stupid that I hadn't looked further than page two of the menu screen!

I wonder if I could ask for your expertise further on this menu display subject: It says in the manual that you can hide 'chapter number' and the date/time, from the content menu.

I have tried following the instructions from the manual, by highlighting the title in the content menu - quick menu - title/chapter display - then managed to highlight the date, but I cannot delete it. It only allows me to change the date - what am I doing wrong?

I also can't find a way of getting rid of the chapter number - as I have named the chapters within the title, I was hoping perhaps I could hide the chapter number displayed up in the corner.

I'm sure I will feel even more stupid when I find out how simple it is to do!!

Would appreciate your help.

7. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I don't have a disc that needs finalising at the moment, so I can't check this. But I would have thought this would work:

Select the content menu
    Select the quick menu (*)
    Select title info (option 1)
    Select quick menu (again)
    Select title edit title or chapter name
    To clear everything move down to clear all
    Enter the new information

8. CYMRAES

CYMRAES

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for that Alan, and yes, I can hide the title and date, but am unable to hide the time (duration) - I was hoping just to have the chapter name, and not show duration in the bottom right corner.

The same thing as chapter number - can't seem to hide that! I would prefer on some recordings not to have the chapter number or the duration time - just the titles. I wonder if anyone knows if it is possible - as it does state in manual that you can, and as much as I follow the instructions in the manual, I can't do it!

9. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    If you don’t want chapters on the menu at all, when creating the DVD, there is a “DVD Video Creation Options Menu”. In this, for Menu create, you can select “Title+Chapter”, “Title”, “Chapter”, or “None”. It defaults to “Title+Chapter”, just change this to “Title”.

I don’t think there is any way to stop it showing the duration.

Mark