Tosh RDXS34 keeps freezing

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by billandhelen, Jun 19, 2005.

1. billandhelen

billandhelen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Tosh RDXS34 keeps freezing when I try to switch it on.
    The power light turns green, but nothing else happens.
    The only way I can turn it off is by holding the on/off switch on the machine for 10 secs. A few times this has reset the machine as the manual suggests, but now it won't work at all.

The HDD was formatted recently so it shouldn't be a problem with fragmentation.

Toshiba helpdesk wanted it returned to them to check it out, but I have negotiated a replacement machine from my supplier instead.

This is my second major hiccup with this machine. The first was its incompatibility with Sony camcorders, which needed returning to base for an upgrade. I found that the upgrade allowed me to dub directly from the camcorder but I was still unable to dub my old home video from VHS through the scart input. It had a 'copy protect' signal.

The only way around it was to transfer the video back to my camcorder, and then dub from the camcorder to the Tosh.

I was advised by the helpdesk that the more recent machines should have this glitch resolved but if not, they will now send the customer an upgrade disc rather than return to base.

2. JimBob1971

JimBob1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +738
    Mine is only 5 days old, but has performed brilliantly thus far. I'll keep the firmware option in mind if anything goes wrong

3. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Does the machine have a DVD in it and is DVD selected at moment? If so, that may be the problem. I had one burnt DVD that prevented the machine from starting up correctly. The machine would just freeze shortly after it had started reading th disc. The only way to stop it was to turn it off at the mains, hold down the eject button, turn on at mains and wait for the disc to eject. I have now binned the disc and it han't happened since with any other discs.