1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh RDXS34 + Bush DFTA3 STB

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Steve Mario, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Steve Mario

Steve Mario

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Just bought this and v pleased, but struggling to get any connection established via the IR link with a Bush DFTA3 STB. Tried all listed codes but no luck

I seem to get an occasional reaction so wondering if I have a positioning problem as well as/instead of a code one!

Anyone had any luck with this? If anyone has succeeded please let me know the code, otherwise what budget STB's work? I'll just get a second one to use with the Tosh

Thanks

Steve

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Not a budget box, but I've got it "working" with the Sony VTX-800 (code 1526). Though it doesn't change channel when I use the up/down channel buttons on the remote. But it does the important thing, which is I can set a timer and using the "Sat Cont" button I can specify a channel on the Freeview box, and the recorder will change the channel.

Mark

3. Steve Mario

Steve Mario

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mark

Spoke to Toshiba Tech Support, who tried hard, but apparently don't carry a list of supported units. They did come with the following nugget, don't know if it's been posted elsewhere. Apparently all IR codes are sourced by Tosh from Gemstar, the VideoPlus+ company. They gave me a help line number but doesn't seem to be correct. Anyone know any other info sources?

Steve