1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh RDXS32 dvd playback problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ross1, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Ross1

Ross1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello people.

I have just bought the Tosh RDXS32 and set it up. I tried to play a dvd on it and it just sat there loading, it wouldn't let me remove the disk, it took ages and then I had the message "Disc may be dirty or damaged" but there is no sign of thumb prints etc.
    It will play new dvds from the shops but it will not play any of my copied dvds
    e.g. from vhs to dvd-r or dvd+r. I have tried several dvds even my wedding day from digi cam to dvd-r (infiniti dvd).

All dvds that have showed this problem play perfectly well in my samsung DVD player and Pc. Anyone experienced similar problems or have any ideas?

I don't know if there is something wrong with it???

2. JFBUK

JFBUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Toshiba is very unwilling to read +R and +RW media. I have had no success with either burned by my Sony PC DVD writer. Not had problems with -R or -RW though. Most if not all DVD recorders/writers can be picky about what media they like. I seem to recall reading about problems with Infiniti media and the Tosh on another thread

3. kitschcamp

kitschcamp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I'm getting the same message with the Datasafe DVDs I have at the moment (with Ritek G04 dye). Brand new, out of the box, no marks at all, but can't use them.

4. alicat

alicat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly the reason I returned my XS32after 13 days. What a fantasticly featured machine let down by a poor DVD drive/lens/firmware assembly. Swap it for a Pioneer 420H or 520H. At least it uses a proven DVD drive assembly (I have 2 Pio's in my PC, one is the 107 and one is the 108) they read and burn everything I put in them.

5. kitschcamp

kitschcamp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I need a device that can control a STB. I don't believe the Pioneer can. And Personal Planner on the Sky box is too unreliable to consider. And no progressive scan.

6. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    So fat the only problem I've had with mine is some +media it wouldn't read. Its been happy with my datawrites, verbatums and mirror media...

7. Ross1

Ross1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info people, will try some other types of dvds and will go from there.

Thanks again.