Tosh RD-XS34 - Users help needed

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bernie_pt, Jun 20, 2005.

1. bernie_pt

bernie_pt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a few problems with my XS34. First, I think that, while the video options are good, audio options are to be added. My first problem is that my sat box 'wake' always at mid-volume, so recordings are VERY quiet. I noticed also that various sources (internal tuner, DVD and SCART) seem to have different audio levels when recording (playing in DVD case) so I am always messing with the TV volume. I think that the recorder misses an option to normalize the audio level (for example when dubbing) in first instance.
    The second problem is that, when re-authoring on the PC a DVD made on the Tosh (for example to normalize the audio) I got a DVD that plays perfectly on my cheap DVD player, but not on the Tosh. The disc is from a brand (Ridisc printable) that the Tosh accept for writing, even with a lot of thinking - I dont' find a brand that the Tosh 'accepts' rapidly - so I think it's not a disc problem.
    Some thoughts? (I'm hoping I have made the question clear).
    I'm also interested in knowing what firmwares (MB and Drive) are on the market.
    I'm currently not at home, but keep you informed of mine's versions.
    Thank you.

2. JimBob1971

JimBob1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +738
    I wondered about the audio options as well. The xs32 has volume bars on the display which have disappeared on the 34. I assumed that input was normalised, but I could be wrong.

I've only used imation -rws, but have had no problem whatsoever.

I'd be interested in hearing whether there are firmware updates, but have had no probs thus far.

3. loreweb

loreweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excuse me, JimBob, when you say "I've only used imation -rws", you mean on the xs32 or xs34??
    Because I have the xs32 and I will try them (2X), and if you say they are ok on the xs32 I'll buy a lot of them
    Thanks

loreweb

4. JimBob1971

JimBob1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +738
    I mean on the X34. I bought 25 or so for about £10 from PC World and they all work fine. I wouldn't buy any more than that to begin with, just to make sure. Incidentally, I believe the ones I got were 4x.