Tosh RD-XS32 question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dpluxor, Feb 4, 2005.

1. dpluxor

dpluxor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I am seriously thinking about getting the above recorder but have a couple of questions about it first, hope someone can help ...

Does it have component video out.

How does the time slip function work, it this what Sky+ call PAUSE LIVE TV, or is it the REWIND LIVE TV. As I recall, some used to advertise time slip as the ability to start watching a programme you are recording before its actually finished, hence you will be for example half an hour behind the actual broadcast. I also noticed in a review that someone with this machine paused it and carried on watching when he came back downstairs ???

I am used to the EPG functions of my current Philips DVDR80, whilst its no big loss to me, does the Tosh have anything like it

Thanks

David

2. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes

If you are recording something you can press the timeslip button and start watching it before it has finished recording.

If you are watching live tv (via the toshiba) you can press the timeslip button and then pause it, however nothing before you pressed the timeslip button is recorded.

No EPG I'm afraid.

You should be awair however that it looks like theres a replacement for the XS32 just around the corner.. although I've already got mine so wont do me any good, however it also looks like it'll start out at around £500 where as you can pick up an XS32 for about £350