1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh RD-XS32 DVD-RW Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by almara, Dec 14, 2004.

1. almara

almara
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Recently got my Tosh and my first try with RW (Datasafe 2X) seemed to be successful - I recorded on hard drive, transferred to RW and then finalised it. Played back OK on both Tosh and PC. However, it won't let me cancel finalisation or format disc. On trying to cancel finalisation I get the message "operation cancelled due to disc error", when trying to format message is "this DVD cannot be formatted" so it seems I'm left with a RW which I can't use again. Has anyone had a similar problem or know of a solution? Incidentally, when I first tried to record to the disc it wouldn't do so until I had formatted it - could this be a contributing factor?

2. liteswap

liteswap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    All RWs need formatting first when using the XS32, in my experience. Coming from a PC world where they don't, I was surprised at first, I have to agree. Why not try erasing it, first in the XS32 then in your PC if that doesn't work?