1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh pure tosh?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by spocktra, Mar 30, 2005.

1. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    In the last 6 months i have owned three budget toshiba players.My curent is the 340e,which is ok but fails to impress on progressive scan.I have tested it with 2 good tvs[tosh 32zp48+ pannypd30] .With both displays the definition does not improve and the picture goes slightly darker.To be honest i had a play with it tonight[ooeer] switching between component and scart and couldnt see a difference.Has anyone else experienced this poor p/s playback.I quite fancy trying the panasonic s97 but not sure how good it is on p/scan.

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Due to the way CRTs work then feeding progressive often isn't significantly different from interlaced. I used to have a Tosh TV and 330e (IIRC it was a 330, could've been a 320 I suppose) and like you I saw no difference.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    I have recently switched from a panny s75 DVD player (non-prog scan on PAL) to the S97 both connected to a PD30 TV. I would have to say there was a noticable but not massive improvement in picture - generally it simply looks sharper (though I cannot honestly say if this is the improced DVD player or the fact it is now via prog scan)

4. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Thanks for the replies gents.I might give the s97 a try.