1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh Picture Frame with Nicam Stereo?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by The_kUrGaN, Jan 27, 2005.

1. The_kUrGaN

The_kUrGaN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Think it's about time we upgraded our TV seeing as though we watch loads of DVD's and movies on Sky+.

.......Apologies if this is a stupid question but is there a Tosh 32" Picture Frame TV with Nicam Stereo rather than DD? I'm looking to buy a 32" widescreen but only require Nicam Stereo as I already have an amp to connect up to it. Any recommendations? Budget will be £600-£800 and I'd like 100hz if poss and a couple of RGB scarts and/or some component inputs.

Thanks for any advice

Pioneer DV575a DVD Player.

2. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Toshiba 32ZP46 has nicam instead of DD 5.1 which features on the 32ZP48 model.

3. mcguire76

mcguire76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only available from Currys, Dixons & occasionally Comet

4. The_kUrGaN

The_kUrGaN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for the info. Is there any reason why it's only available there? Seems a bit bizarre.

Also, cue another silly question. Is it possible on these TV's to switch between 50 and 100hz ?

5. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98

Because most stores/internet shops went with the standard ZP48 model. DSG & Comet wanted a separate model to sell cheaper, So Toshiba provided them with a basic no frills version, the ZP46.

6. mcguire76

mcguire76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The progressive scan mode is 100hz horizontal and 50hz vertical if I remember correctly. Active, Natural & 100hz are all 100hz, so technically it can't switch between 50 and 100hz.

I have yet to see any artefacts on mine be it from Sky+ or DVD, before purchasing I too was weary of 100hz, however, none have appeared so far :thumbsup:

7. BernieC

BernieC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Comet are currently selling the 32zp46p at £699.

I bought the 36zp having had problems with a new Sony 100hz set and have to say that the picture quality and lack of pixelation is fantastic - I have tested on dvd, sky, terrestrial and on sport, movies and general tv.

Basically, this set - and the easy choice viewing settings make this a 'must buy' set!